Sunday, December 19, 2010

Small setback

I was supposed to go back to work Saturday, but with the number of biopsies they took I've been feeling pretty uncomfortable and had a small amount of bleeding. Bouncing around in a mine truck probably isn't the safest thing (and the ER doc told me to stay at home) so I've been sitting on the couch!

I've tried a few more GF foods, and hit upon some stuff I'm not as fond of. Arrowhead Mills makes a GF macaroni and cheese mix that wasn't so much BAD as boring. There was no real flavouring to be had in it, and the sauce was incredibly runny. I added a bunch of black pepper, but it didn't help a whole lot. I'll probably keep a box or two around for now for emergencies, but I know I've seen recipes around for making your own ry) GF cheese sauces, so I'll probably make some of those up instead.

I'm also not wild about the Enjoy Life cranapple crunch. It's a sort of granola. It might be good in yoghurt, which unfortunately is not a way I particularly like granola, although I might have to try and come around to it. It got gritty very quickly in milk, which unfortunately is the fate of a lot of things made with rice flour.

On the other hand, my favourite brand of hot chocolate mix (President's Choice) is GF!

I've tried to spend my time at home in semi-valuable ways. I've finished a pair of thrummed mittens, and am now working on a lace scarf. I also folded all our clothes, and gathered up most of what I need to pack for vacation - we fly home in 3 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment