Sunday, August 24, 2014

Minoru Post #1

Well, I suffered another glutening (ick) but am recovering now. Glutenings follow a reasonably predictable path most of the time: - stomach cramps and *ahem* multiple bathroom visits for Day 1 (and sometimes reccuring again another day) - stomach cramps continue after every meal for 3-4 days - brain fog and migraine-like headaches on days 2 and 3 - starting day 3 for a few days joints swell and are painful - day 4 or 5 mouth sores start to appear It often takes 2 weeks for everything to be completely gone, with the sore joints and mouth sores lasting the longest. It's been a week since the 2nd glutening and I'm just a bit stiff in the hips and knees. I got my Minoru jacket pattern on Friday and busily spent that day tracing out the size 4 onto large sheets of paper - last night I cut out my main fabric (red corduroy) and today I recut the back (yeah....somehow I cut it warped last night) as well as the linings, with the sleeve linings in a slippery polyester to simplify wear, a hood lining to show off my cute birdie fabric, and 2 collar linings so that you don't see the wrong side of the corduroy when the hood is pulled out. Now to start with the Minoru Sewalong!

No comments:

Post a Comment