Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Minoru Post #2

I've been able to do some work on the Minoru, following the official sew-along posts from 2012. I'm up to step 9 now, which is the plackets and front zipper. I've made two modifications so far - I lined the hood as I said, and added in side-seam pockets. I had issues with the hood zipper, because for some reason even when carefully cut to the right size the zipper opening ended up much too big for my zipper. I dug through my stash though (when I see sewing supplies for a good price at thrift stores I snap them up) and was able to get a nice dark blue zipper that I adjusted to size and sewed in instead. When I'm making the lilac rain coat I might cut the opening a little smaller...we'll see. If I can get the front plackets and zipper on tonight I'll try and post a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment